Choosing an ERP system is a big decision that will affect your business in several ways. Some studies prove that top management support plays an important role in moderating the relationship between ERP and the performance of medium enterprises. While this process can be exciting and uplifting, it can also be overwhelming. If you don’t know what to look for, it can very quickly become stressful and complicated which is why our team at Mds ERP would like to guide you through the process. We believe that no business should go without an ERP system that addresses their needs in an intuitive and integrated way.
If we look at what the future will look like for ERP systems, it seems more and more likely that ERP systems are set to “bring people together, like a social network, but for work” What does this mean for your business? You need an ERP system that incorporates your core business functions with top-quality software backed by industry-leading support. That’s what you should acquire. In a nutshell, here’s how to get it done.
Choosing Your ERP System
Are you interested in learning a few easy steps to figure out which ERP system you should choose? You’re in luck. Here is what you should be doing:
- Designate a specific ERP evaluation team
- Determine your specific ERP needs
- Use a comparison matrix to assess potential ERP providers that cover the areas:
- Industry experience and expertise (look for a leader – a voice of the industry)
- Customization and application
- Implementation experience
- Speak to the ERP provider for a demo or sample of their work – ask for reviews from other clients (and speak to those clients wherever possible)
- Go over your findings and choose the provider that best suits your business culture, ERP needs, and support or relationship requirements.